- Nahatame, S. (2020). Revisiting second language readers’ memory for narrative texts: The role of causal and semantic text relations. Reading Psychology, 41, 753-777.
- Nahatame, S., & Kimura, Y. (2020). The relationship of linguistic features and text difficulty of reading materials for young learners of English: A multifaceted analysis using a computer program. JES (The Japan Association of English Teaching in Elementary Schools) Journal, 20, 226-241.
- Nahatame, S. (2018). Comprehension and processing of paired sentences in second language reading: A comparison of causal and semantic relatedness. Modern Language Journal, 102, 392-415.
- Nahatame, S. (2017). Standards of coherence in second language reading: Sentence connectivity and reading proficiency. Reading in a Foreign Language, 29, 86–112.
- Nahatame, S. (2015). Revision of predictive inferences and Japanese EFL learners’ text comprehension processes: A study of eye movements during reading. Annual Review of English Language Education in Japan, 26, 45-60.
- Nahatame, S. (2014). Strategic processing and predictive inference generation in L2 reading. Reading in a Foreign Language, 26, 54–77.