- Furuta, Y. (2021) Civic Education Reform in Impoverished Neighborhoods in Contemporary America: Creating Linkages between Classroom, School and Community. Tokyo: Toshindo.
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles [Japanese]
- Furuta, Y. (2021) “The Significance and Challenge of ‘Student Voice’ in Educational Administration: Based on the Investigation of Recent International Trends”, The Journal of Japanese Association for the Study of Educational Administration, No.63, pp.19-34.
- Furuta, Y. (2020) “An Initiative for Evaluation and Improvement Support for School-wide Civic Education in the United States: A Case Study of Illinois Democracy Schools”, Bulletin of School Administration, Vol.45, pp.43-56.
- Furuta, Y. (2016) “The Policy Background of Youth Civic Development Gap in Contemporary America: Through an Analysis of Related Policies by States and Federal Government from 1990s”, Bulletin of School Administration, Vol.41, pp.60-81.
- Furuta, Y. (2016) “Citizenship Education that Fosters Efficacy for Social Change: A Case of Public Achievement in America”, The Journal of Civic Education, No.23, pp.53-67.
- Furuta, Y. (2015) “Significance and Possibility of School-Based Citizenship Education in Poor Neighborhoods in America: Through a Case Study of ‘Public Achievement’”, Journal of Japanese Association for the Study of Educational Administration, No.57, pp.110-124.